Man Saver Post Driver country roots are deep into America
Our Man Saver Post Driver has been saving your backs since 1997, when it was developed by Dan Rohrer in response to a fence builder who was complaining about his back and wishing for a "wonder tool." We are very proud that our product is made in the great US of A; all of our parts, but one, are made in our shop in beautiful Prineville, Oregon.
When making a product to help hard-working folks with their farm, ranch, rangeland, or vineyard fencing, it was important that we understood the lifestyle and specific needs of our customers. That’s why our location in Prineville has been so ideal. It’s a small, old town, in the countryside of Crook County, where many farmers, ranchers, and country-people have lived for years.
Learn a little more about our country roots in 7 quick facts:
- Established in 1868, Prineville is the oldest community in Central Oregon.
- Prineville is located on the Crooked River at the mouth of Ochoco Creek, 14 miles northwest of the Prineville Reservoir.
- The first settlers, in what was to become Crook County, settled in the “Oh-cho-coe,” a Paiute word meaning “willows.”
- When Barney Prine settled on the banks of the Crooked River, he built a blacksmith shop and a store/saloon. Prineville was the primary place of trade until 1911, when the Union Pacific and Oregon Trunk railways extended south from the Columbia River to Bend. In 1917, Prineville took action and voted to build their own railroad to join the Oregon Trunk and Union Pacific railways north of Redmond. In the 1930s and 1940s, the decision to build the railroad paid back the investment by shipping vast amounts of lumber over the rails. The City of Prineville still owns and operates the railroad today.
- Prineville got its first Starbucks in 2006, and a plan was floated to reopen the city's long-shuttered movie theater. In December 2006, unemployment was 4.4 percent, the lowest since the 1960s.
- Les Schwab Tire Company employs about 900 at its facilities in Prineville, where it was founded in 1952. As of 2005, the Les Schwab Tire Center chain operates more than 390 stores in California, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, and Washington; does more than $1.5 billion in sales each year; and is the number two private tire retailer in the United States.
- In 2010, Prineville was selected as the location for a new data center for Facebook. In 2012, Apple announced that it would open a "Green Data Center" on a 160-acre tract of land owned by the company.
Tell us more about your country roots in the comments here or on our Facebook page!
Save precious time and money with the simple and affordable investment of a Man Saver Post Driver. Give us a call today at 1-800-980-7399 to place your order or to get more information about which tool in our lineup will be the best fit for your projects.